Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pineapples

Not sure why at first but after making them I realized my influence from scanning an Etro design at work for a Postcard.  It was a design made in an exclusive way in which it would be difficult to reproduce as a continuing pattern. They wanted this dress scanned and it took me hours to piece it together as a pattern. Many of the high end designers make what seems like continuous patterns completely un-repetitious (for quick detection of forgeries and knockoffs from China). Design houses in the business of attempting to avoid copies being made of their designs intrigued me since then. I create patterns in my own work with an appreciation of other unknown designers endeavors in the fashion industry. maybe I should make more mistakes on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment